Monday, March 3, 2008

MONDAY RAMBLINGS

An interesting weekend made a blog today nearly impossible to accomplish. I woke up this morning hurting more than a boxer after a fight. Another hard drinking weekend combined with one of the more interesting diner trips I've made in a while. The Floss may have ordered the best/worst combo plate of food ever. The order: Peanut Butter Pancakes(unreal first time ever for Floss), Sausage patties, and some onion rings. Did I mention the appetizer of pierogies soaked in butter and hot sauce? The next morning I was lucky enough to have no TUMS left in my top drawer thanks to PnR. The ride home from Ritter's diner was an interesting one for DROF, B-Man, and myself. We made the great decision to hitchike home with a man who tried to sell us weed. "Nah dude, this guys legit, he's got a carseat, we're straight"--DROF as we enter the car. I think we were okay because he figured that one of us would B packing heat. No blog was going to happen today, until when I woke up this morning and saw the good news. Ah, the GOOD NEWS.

ROONEY'S BREAK THE BANK FOR BEN

Only 5 days after the death of Myron Cope, the Rooney's decided to lock up a current legend for Steeler Nation. Ben cracked the 100 million dollar QB club with his new 8 year 102 million dollar deal. The others in the club are Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, and Michael Vick. Since only one of these QB's is currently better than Ben, I would say the Steelers got a deal. "This is about being a Pittsburgh Steeler for as long as I can be. I love Pittsburgh,"--Roethlisberger. When the Steelers drafted him in 2004, the Floss predicted 4 Super Bowls from Ben during his career. I am still sticking to my prediction. I don't know if 3 in 8 years is asking too much, but let's look at Ben's record. By the Floss' unofficial tally, I have Ben with a career 39-16 record in the regular season, 71% winning percentage or an average of 11-5 every year. I can take that from my signal caller. In the post-season Ben is 5-2 with a win in the Super Bowl. For his career he has a passer rating of 92.5, while last year he clocked in at 104.1, good for 3rd in the NFL. Ben said he wants to be a Marino or Elway and play his whole career with one team. Last night, the Rooney's made this happen for him. The Floss considered his Steeler Fandom to have started with the loss to San Diego in the 1994 AFC Championship game. So that means I have been a fan for 13 years goin' on forever. Here are the QB's that the Floss has been not so fortunate to watch blow the Steelers great seasons year in and year out: Neil O'Donnel, Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart, Jim Miller, Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox, Charlie Batch, and finally Ben Roethlisberger. Ben deserves this money, look at that list, honestly would you give any of those guys even a Canadian quarter to lead a team?

13-9, 55-54, ?

I know there were Olympic sports and women's sports that occured in the rivalry since the Backyard Brawl on December 1, but those haven't mattered. The rivalry has really heated up because of the way Pitt crushed the 'Eers dream in football. If Pitt gets a win tonight on WVU's Senior Night again, just WOW. I would love for us to shatter dreams again. Pitt would really hurt their tourney chance with a win tonight(Pitt W or no, I still think WVU gets in). I actually am not expecting a win tonight from the Panthers. Saturday took a lot out of this team emotionally. The good news, tonight's a rivalry game, Pitt will be able to get up for this game. Tonight has big time tourney seeding implications for the Panthers as well as morale booster. The 'Cuse win was AMAZING for this team's confidence. A win in Morganhole tonight would let Pitt go into the BE and NCAA tourney on fire. Let's get it done Panthers. Floss still sees a loss.

WVU 77
PITT 67

ROL-SUPER 6

Currently, I am giving myself 2 pats on the back for guessing who would get eliminated on ROL 2 weeks in a row. I predicted the old hags would go. Last week I said that the Love-Bus(Inna) was running out of gas. Guess what? She's in the garage. Last nights episode was rather boring. It was very well noticed by the AOF(apartment of Floss) that Bret didn't even kiss a girl last night. Honestly, PDA was at an all-time low. It was just a weird episode.
Random Thoughts from the Episode:
--Megan was the hottest hula-hooper on Earth, no doubt
--Jessica was the 2nd hottest hula-hooper on Earth
--Inna has huge boobs, but it was also noted that she is a combo DE/OLB prospect for the Pittsburgh Passion
--Destiney is climbing back up near her number one spot on the Floss' Power Rankings(not til next week)
--Ambre was impressive last night tap-dancing, and performed well in her number one spot
--Kristy Joe looked like a witch at elimination last night. Really a witch. However, her witch look is still better than when she doesn't put on makeup. Woof.
--Daisy was up and down on the show. He good was that she actually could read the challenge note from Bret. I didn't think she could read. She forgot the words to the National Anthem, but I expected that.
--I expect Kristy Joe to get the boot next week. Her craziness is too much at this point. See if the Floss can go 3 for 3.

3 LINKS FOR THE FANS(ALL WORKSAFE)

1. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080228&sportCat=nba
This is a sad story about the Seattle Sonics leaving town. And it is from the Floss' favorite writer Bill Simmons.

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84_QL1kEmH4 Silly Asians. This video rules. DROF you must see this.

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsB8HuRLiA The Rockets have won 15 straight. This guy gets a big loss and should be an instant YouTube star. Notice T-Mac laughing and the guy getting a beer immediately handed to him when he leaves the court.

A little under 2 hours til tipoff. GO HOME MOUNTAINQUEERS. YOU SUCK.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of material here so I am going to address each separately...

First of all as you order i'm pretty sure I'd never heard such a ridiculous order. Why in the hell did you tip the waitress 25% and a clutch line from the night was "Where is the pisser."

Next I'm not liking your negative Nancy approach to the game tonight, although i'm not surprise.

I'm liking the ROL predictions and I hope she gets the boot.

Great Floss as usual... but no predictions for Girlicious or rants from Sunday morning?

Anonymous said...

That was B MAN btw.

Anonymous said...

You're order is ridiculous. I'm gonna say Peyton and Old Favrer Time are better than Ben at this point. I love the signing though. Glad to see the Rooney's wont be cheap asses forever.


Prediction: Pitt 76 WVU 62

Sam "NBA READY" Young does a double dip with 21 and 11. D-Blair goes 13 and 17.

DDP(L)

Anonymous said...

little upset u picked us to lose tonight, although we completely shit the bed. daisy might be the dumbest person on this planet and there is way to much plastic in that face of hers. 3 super bowls in 8 years is a bit much, but i like your enthusiasm. good work and am looking forward to the updated power rankings, jessica is slowly climbing up the board imo.

-fof

Anonymous said...

We love jessica...... She rules.....
By the way, this is me earning comeback student of the year by typing this paper at 4:37 in the morning.....

Hail Tino Sunseri

-Lbn (Lil Big Nate)

Anonymous said...

I want the script from the "Hidden Floss Files". I know there was a blog that was taken down and I want to read it. I feel I am owed this much.

Also...good call on Pitt last night.

I took Texas Tech to beat Kansas. That worked out really well.

-COF

Anonymous said...

Almost shit myself when I read the order. Even worse...DROF orders liver and onions when being drunk at 5:30 in the morning.

Tough TV night last night. New top of the list for girlicious with Jamie I think.

Next post...An early Floss prediction for top 10 PA football players and where you think they'll end up. Hard to predict with such little scouting so far, but I'd like to know.

TPH