Saturday, January 12, 2008

PI-TT

Big home game today for the Panthers. We went 1-1 on the road to start up conference play. I for one, expected that start before the year started. Road Big East wins are very hard to come by. Today we take on the New Jersey Butt Pirates at the Pete. When talking about the state of Pitt basketball with a friend recently, he summed the season up for me quite simply. "This team will definitely make the tournament, they are good and they are REAL good at home". This was a fact that I knew was true, but someone other than myself saying it, it just sounded perfect. This Pitt basketball team with injuries is still a top 20 team and I will go out on a limb and say they are TOP 10 at home. Everyone is better at home in college basketball, but Pitt is REAL good at home. It makes sense, but all the players shoot the ball like they are shooting into an ocean. We score more at home and the crowd helps our defense. The Butt Pirates are one of the Big East bottom feeders, and Pitt will show them what the hell is up today. It's Saturday morning and I'm still riding a buzz, but I smell Monday upset. Today though, no problem for the Panthers. Pitt beats the New Jersey Butt Pirates and wins the AJ Alexander sweepstakes. What a weekend.

PITT 86
New Jersey Butt Pirates 69

No comments: