Wednesday, January 2, 2008

THE MIGHTY LEOPARDS

First off, Happy New Year, as the "GREAT '08" is upon us. I wanted to give a preview of tonight's Pitt vs. Lafayette game at the Pete. Usually, the last non-conference game for the Panthers is a meaningless win, and we all know where the team stands. This year it is quite different. With the recent injuries to Cookie and Fields, the Pitt team is left very depleted at guard. I have no idea how the team will fare tonight, I can't even give a prediction on how they will do. All I know is that if Ronald Ramon needs to get out of his senior year slump. He should call up Julius Page and do exactly the opposite of what JP1 did for a whole year. Wannamaker, the Floss is calling for you to be big. I will reserve judgement on what this team can or cannot do. As for a prediction, I am going to go with the mascot theory. A panther could kick a leopard's ass. A panther would maul a leopard, and then procede to turn the said leopard into 14 pairs of women's underwear. I'm done.


PANTHERS 71

LEOPARD 57


WINTER CLASSIC


Much has been said about the resurgence of the NBA lately, but hopefully the NHL will make a comeback too. Yesterday's hockey game had even my mom excited. The ice conditions were terrible which made the hockey less attractive, but everything else about the game was superb. NBC brought out big time announcers, national television, and they put the game's biggest star center stage. I bet NBC was pleased to say the least with Crosby netting the game winner in a shootout. The NHL gets a big A+ from the Floss for what they did yesterday.


LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS

The West Virginia Mountaineer's will play in the Fiesta Bowl tonight against the Oklahoma Sooners. I am rooting for the Big East in this one. The Big East has been an incredible disappointment so far in bowl games, going 1-2 with its only win coming against Southern Miss. South Florida really layed the ultimate egg on New Year's Eve after losing by 35 points to Dennis Dixonless Oregon. I am rooting for WVU and not turning my back. I don't know if I will watch the game because physically it is impossible to actually root for those thugs. I also hope Steve Slaton rushes for 400 yards and declares for the NFL draft, same for Patsy White. Normally I would hope for a 2 year injury to Noel Devine, but I know all of the kids and trouble he can get into in one offseason. The line in the football game is only 6.5 points to the Mountaineers, which is ironically the same line as the over/under for Devine arrests this summer.

No comments: